One of the leading East European actors of his generation.
Speaks English , German , Lithuanian and has working knowledge of Italian.
Also a writer. Some of his published short stories are - The Deadly Eye * The Storks * Why I Said No To Zsa Zsa Gabor
Achoorama's Revenge ( Horror story set in Australia. )
Leading acting parts in the theatre include -
* Sartre's - The Condemned of Altona - Franz Von Gerlach - England and Wales tour.
* Shaffer's - Five Finger Exercise - Walter Langer - Theatre Royal Windsor
* Frank Vosper's - Love From A Stranger - Bruce Lovell
* Rattigan's - Flare Path - Count Skriczevinsky
* Shaw's - The Millionairess - The Egyptian Doctor
* W. Frances - Portrait Of A Queen - Benjamin Disraeli
* I. Iredyski's - Farewell Judas - The Commissioner
His many television acting credits include - Stark * Night of the Fox * The Sweeney * Crossroads * Flambards * Bergerac *
Colditz * Strange Report * BBC Play of the Month * BBC Sunday Night Play * ITV Television Playhouse * Danger Man *
The Third Man * Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson * Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense : Czech Mate ( Directed by John Hough )
His many film credits include - Code name : Emerald * Sweeney 2 * The Double man * Zeppelin * Attack on the Iron Coast * The One That Got Away ( Director George Roy Baker ) * Where the Sipes are * Doppelganger * Beyond the Curtain * Operation Bullshine * Mystery Submarine * The Password is Courage * Scorpio ( Director Michael Winner ) * Young Winston ( Director Richard Attenborough ) * Escape To Victory ( Director John Huston ) *
The Tamarind Seed ( Director Blake Edwards )
Leading man in the Italian film - I Predoni del Sahara
Leading man in the Israeli film - Sabina V'Hagvarim
Films that are now considered classics that George has acted in are - The Guns Of Navarone ( Director J.Lee Thompson )
The Great Escape ( Director John Sturges ) * The Sea Wolves ( Director Andrew V. McLaglen ) * Operation Crossbow ( Director Michael Anderson )
The spy Who Came in From the Cold ( Director Martin Ritt ) *